Get In Touch
Book your appointment today.
Hours of Operations
WHY SOUTH CENTRAL DENTISTRY
We Nurture Relationships With
Unhurried, two-way communication, providing information and answering questions to help you make informed dental healthcare decisions.
DENTISTRY IN EDMONTON, AB
Welcome To South Central Dentistry
South Central Dentistry was created with a vision to provide dental excellence with compassionate care in South Edmonton. Whole body wellness starts with a healthy mouth and a confident smile and we help you achieve it with leading-edge dental technologies, knowledgeable and skilled care. You can count on gentle, courteous treatment from your first phone call to the moment to walk out our door.
Our goal is that every patient feels fully informed and confident that they’ve received thorough care. Whether your needs are simple or complex, South Central Dentistry is the dental office in Edmonton who you can trust with your entire family’s oral health and appearance.
Dr. Jerome Caouette
Featured Dental Procedures
Your mouth is a very complex system, made up of many different features that we require to speak, eat and even breathe properly. The team at South Central Dentistry will help you maintain your oral health with an array of dental treatments, using current techniques and technologies.
- Tooth Whitening – At South Central Dentistry, we offer free take-home whitening kits to our patients after their first complete cleaning and exam with us. Take-home kits incorporate an easy-to-use gel that is worn in comfortable trays for half an hour every day for 2 weeks.
- Fillings – Fillings are used to repair many different problems. Most commonly, we use fillings to repair decayed, chipped or broken teeth but they can also be used to improve cosmetic concerns, such as closing spaces or changing the shape of a tooth. At South Central Dentistry, we only place composite resin; also known as “white” fillings. They are strong, durable and blend beautifully with your natural teeth.
- Crowns – A crown is a cap shaped to fit over a prepared tooth to restore its shape, size, strength and appearance. Dental crowns are often made from color matched porcelain or ceramic to blend in with your natural teeth, they can also be made with a gold alloy in certain cases.
- Veneers– A veneer is a thin ceramic-like shell that is bonded to the front of a tooth. Veneers can improve the look of your teeth by changing their colour, shape, angle or spacing. Cosmetic dental treatments can improve your smile and give you more confidence in just two visits.
Sedation is used for a variety of reasons. Some patients experience extreme anxiety and nervousness when visiting the dentist, some have difficulty getting numb or holding their jaw open and others have very sensitive gag reflexes. At South Central Dentistry, offer varying levels of sedation that are tailored to you. We are committed to helping you feel comfortable and at ease each time you see us.
Our dental sedation options include;
- Nitrous Oxide – Nitrous Oxide or “laughing gas” elevates your general mood and can evoke a general sense of well-being. It can help relieve anxiety and can reduce pain during the procedure.
- Oral Sedation – An oral medication is provided to you one hour before your treatment. It helps you feel drowsy, relaxed and helps most patients doze throughout their appointment. Patients often cannot recall specifics such as, discomfort, sounds or smells from their appointment.
- IV Sedation – An oral medication is provided to you one hour prior to your treatment to help you feel relaxed. Sedatives are then administered directly into your bloodstream through an intravenous for a more predictable level of sedation. Patients generally sleep throughout most of the appointment and have very little memory from the procedure.
Dr. Caouette and his team are specially trained in the administration and monitoring of dental sedation. We follow the Alberta Dental Association’s current regulations and requirements and are committed to your safety.
Losing a tooth can be traumatic and can change the way we feel about ourselves. At South Central Dentistry, we can offer a range of tooth replacement options for our patients.
- Dental Implants – Implants can replace a single tooth or many missing teeth. A small cylinder is placed into the jawbone at the site of a missing tooth, which replicates the root of the tooth. It can be topped with a porcelain crown to replace a single tooth or with a bridge for multiple teeth. Dentures can also be supported by implants to help them be secure and stay in place. Often, 4 implants will be placed to support each denture.
- Fixed Dental Bridge – This prosthetic one to three artificial teeth. It is anchored in place with dental crowns on either side of the gap. It is bonded in place and cannot be removed.
- Removable denture – A denture can replace one tooth, several teeth, or a whole arch. A traditional full denture is held in place by natural suction, while metal clasps may be used to secure a partial denture. Implants can also be used with dentures to help with support and retention.
South Central Dentistry offers a broad range of general dentistry services. However, we’d rather help you prevent the need for restorative treatments, by keeping your mouth healthy and clean. Problems caught early are much easier and less expensive to treat.
- Dental Exam – Dr. Caouette examines your mouth, head and neck for things that can affect your oral and overall health. He checks for early signs of cavities, gum disease, oral cancer and the health of your jaw joints. X-rays help show us problems such as cavities under existing fillings, fractures, impacted wisdom teeth, decay under your gum line and bone loss caused by gum disease.
- Dental Cleaning – Our hygienist cleans your teeth at least twice a year, to remove plaque and bacteria from spots you can’t see or reach with home care.
- Advice– Our hygienist will help you create a customised home-care routine with advice on nutrition and lifestyle habits to help you keep your teeth at their best between visits.
- Hands-on Demonstrations– We will help you learn proper brushing and flossing techniques, with special focus on keeping restorations like dental bridges, crowns and implants clean healthy.