Dental Treatments in Edmonton AB
MAINTAINING A HEALTHY MOUTH WITH DENTAL TREATMENTS
Your mouth is made up of lips, cheeks, tongue, gums, alveolar bone, salivary glands, temporomandibular joint, and teeth. This complex system lets you breathe, speak, and eat. Our team helps you maintain your oral health with an array of dental treatments, using current techniques and up to date continuing dental education.
RESTORING AND MAINTAINING ORAL HEALTH
- Fillings –Tooth colored, composite resin materials blend nicely with natural dentition, and are strong and durable, suitable even for back molars.
- Inlays and onlays – These restorations are appropriate for tooth decay or damage that is too large for a filling, but doesn’t require a full crown. Porcelain inlays and onlays look natural and resist stains.
- Crowns – A crown is a full cap of porcelain, shaped to look like a tooth. It fits over a prepared tooth to lend strength and protection, with an aesthetic appearance.
- Veneers – These thin shells of lustrous porcelain cover a variety of imperfections on teeth that show when you smile – discoloration, minor misalignment, chips or cracks in enamel, wear, or unusual shape.
- Root canal therapy – When bacteria reaches the pulp chamber of a tooth, the pain can be unbearable. Root canal therapy removes the source of discomfort (inflamed nerves) and saves the tooth.
- Periodontal treatment – Gum disease has a sweeping impact on oral health and body wellness. We utilize a wide range of dental hygiene therapies to restore the health of gums and halt the progress of gum disease.
- Extractions – When it is in your best interest to have a tooth removed – severe infection, impaction, or in preparation for braces or dentures, we will discuss the options that are the best suited for you.
- Orthodontics – Interceptive treatment helps to avoid the embarrassment of crooked teeth and also fosters healthy oral development and function. Teens and adults love the option of Invisalign clear aligners for their discreet appearance and ease of use.