Soft Tissue Lasers
Soft tissue lasers are a minimally invasive tool that have many advantages. They produce a powerful beam of light in a specific wavelength that can be used to treat numerous gum problems.
Some of the procedures where the laser can be used include:
- Reshaping the gumline for esthetic smile improvement.
- Removing overgrowth of gum tissue caused by orthodontic braces, certain medications or pregnancy.
- Removal and reshaping of diseased gum tissue, as well as treating the pockets associated with periodontal disease.
- Preparing the gumline around teeth or implants before crowns or bridges are placed.
- Treating tongue-ties or lip-ties.
- Reducing the discomfort and longevity of cold sores (herpes lesions) and canker sores (apthous ulcers).
- In-office laser assisted whitening.